What It Means To Be Certified Organic?
The following is an extract from the Code of Practice by our certifying body O.F.C. (Organic Food Chain) which all Sanctum organic products must abide by.
Prohibited:1. Petrochemicals and other synthetic substances as ingredients in their own right.
2. Non organic products of animal origins.
4. Fragrances and other colour components of non-organic or synthetic origin.
5. Anti-microbial agents not produced from organic sources.
6. Chelating agents based on EDTA and its salts.
7. Fatty Chain source material of petrochemical origin.
8. Sulphonation, ethoxylation and propoxylation.
9. Alkyl Sulphates (eg Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Coco Sulphate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate)
10. Alkyl Ether Sulphates (eg Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Ammonium Laureth Sulphate)
11. Polysorbates (eg Polysorbate 20)
12. Ethanolamides (eg Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA)
13. Chemically synthesised sunscreens.
Sanctum organic products are 100% naturally derived and draw on the combined power of:1 - Certified Organic raw materials
2 - Medicinal grade, therapeutic Herbal and Plant extracts
3 - Cosmeceutical levels of active Vitamins
4 - Soothing Essential Oils
5 - A unique, proprietary natural preservative system which blends herbal extracts fortified with natural anti-oxidants and vitamins
6 - Sanctum is a member of Choose Cruelty Free (CCF) - an independent Australian organisation that accredits products NOT tested on animals.
7 - Sanctum is also certified with the U.K. based Vegan Society and proudly display their logo.